Youtube Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ilesmark

Number of posts : 4
Infractions : 0/5
Registration date : 2010-11-07

100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube! Empty
PostSubject: 100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!   100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:22 am

All

Yesterday morning I had 201 videos on youtube (my username is ilesmark). I spent a laborious yesterday afternoon and evening uploading another 31 videos following my return from holiday in Tanzania. I was using the Advanced Video Upload function in both Firefox and Windows Explorer as at various times it seemed to freeze, so I would periodically refresh it and check which videos had uploaded successfully and which ones needed to be re-uploaded. At 1 point, the number of uploaded videos stood at 232 and I did a refresh. Suddenly I was told the total number of uploaded videos on my account stood at 132 and that the last one was uploaded on 22 Sep 09. I googled one of the deleted videos and it came up, but then when I clicked to play it the site said 'removed by user'. I hadn't removed it or any of the other 99.

What the hell is going on? PLEASE can anyone help?

Thanks

Mark
Back to top Go down
ilesmark

PostSubject: Re: 100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!   100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks for this.

It appears that some asshole has hacked my main ilesmark youtube account. This isn't the first time this has happened to me and youtube appears powerless to stop it from happening to increasing numbers of other people, judging from what I have read on other forums like this one.

Thus, rather than have all my vids in 1 acccount, I am going to have them in lots of small separate accounts, all beginning with the name ilesmark. Needless to say, they have LOOOOONG passwords! That way, if the hacking occurs again the loss will be capped. Shame to have to do this, isn't it?

One question - what is a keylogger?

Mark
Back to top Go down
ilesmark

PostSubject: Re: 100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!   100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Wow - that's pretty good for a 13 year old (not trying to sound patronising BTW)

I have McAfee Antivirus Plus on my laptop, which downloads the regular updates and runs scans and so on. AFAIK I'm not aware of being asked to let Java run when it asks me if you will let it in opening emails.

Is there any way of specifically finding keyloggers?
Back to top Go down
ilesmark

PostSubject: Re: 100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!   100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:08 pm

OK, thanks very much.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!   100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 of my videos disappeared while I was using youtube!
Page 1 of 1